Entry-level role for advanced degrees seeking alternative careers in science
As a pioneering biotech/health sciences communications agency since 1988, we have a unique understanding of our clients’ businesses. Russo Partners’ highly experienced counselors know how to translate science and medicine into clear messages that impact decision-makers in financial and business communities.
In the role of account coordinator, you will use your background and interest in science to analyze biotech industry news, including clinical trial developments and emerging technologies. Account coordinators conduct research, plan and draft/manage social media content, compile information for news releases, website content, video scripts, fact sheets and educational tools.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate and outgoing health or science graduate looking to expand their skills into industry. You will develop skills through mentorship, in-office training and off-site workshops. In comparison to analogous entry-level consulting work, team members engage deeply with client needs with a flexible travel schedule. The diverse nature of our work, tailored to each client, presents opportunities to quickly develop a broad base of knowledge. Advancement is based on consistent delivery of quality work that meets deadlines.
- In-depth analysis of scientific literature and industry news to identify opportunities to engage in points of interest and debate
- Science-related writing and research, project management and administrative support
- Media relations, monitoring, reporting and measurement
- A self-starter who is detail-oriented and highly dependable; able to work independently
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Desire to learn new subject matter in the areas of finance, business and technology
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly; maturity and commitment; strong organizational skills
- College degree in biology, chemistry, biomedical engineering, or related disciplines
- Strong writing and communication skills; familiarity with AP style is an advantage
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K and profit-sharing
- New York, NY 10001
- Ideally one year of agency/-in-house experience in healthcare PR, biotech, or pharma
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.